Friday, February 26, 2016

Behind the Camera - Age

Here is a polaroid group shot from "Age" Shoot, If you look close I am the only one wearing colourful clothes in a team of plain black dressing people. . . And if you really look at the photo you will notice that my legs and feet are transparent like Marty McFly, and if you don't know who that is, then you're probably too young and you should get back to doing your homework!  

Camera: Mamiya RZ67 Pro II + Mamiya Sekor 110mm W
Film: Fuji FP-100c
So why my feet and legs are all back to the future-like? 
Simple: Since Mamiya RZ67 Pro II don't have self timer, I had to turn the room in to a camera, well not a perfect camera but a functioning camera. Mamiya RZ67 Pro II had the longest exposure of 8 sec. So in theory If I Prefocus the camera, turn all lights and modelling lights off and close the curtains to a level that it will block all major lights from outside source, and have the aperture set to something like F22, then the photo will not be exposed until I remotely trigger the Strobe Lighting, It should expose us like someone else take the photo. Against my best effort, the studio was not a complete blackout studio so the floor and reflective things got exposed a little bit by the time I run to the position and trigger the strobes. Luckily everyone was wearing black and the very little light that got in the studio did not expose the blacks by the time I got there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment